Friday, August 18, 2017

My 2Crafty Chipboard August DT Reveal
Part Two
"This Boy"

 For my second layout today I have done a boy layout featuring my cute little 
grandson Henry. I am really enjoying do some boy layouts & I hope you like it too.


 2Crafty Chipboard Used...
This Boy title
Puzzle Pieces
Mini Puzzle Pieces
Chain Lengths
Steampunk Gears-Small
Steampunk Gears-Medium


I did a mixed media background & then proceeded to work on all the chippie pieces.

First up I coated the "Title", "Stars" & "Mini Puzzle Pieces"with a coat of
gesso followed by a couple of coats of Silks paint in "Pretty Peridot".
I then stamped over the "Mini Puzzle Pieces" for some added interest.


Next the "Chain Lengths" & the small & medium "Gears" were simply
given a coat of metallic "Gunmetal" paint. 

When dry I brushed the gears over with a little Lindy's "Grab A Guy Gold"
 spray to give them a rusty metal look.


Now the best thing on this layout, (apart from my gorgeous grandson), 
are the large "Puzzle Pieces". I LOVE how they look. 

I firstly painted them in the same Gunmetal metallic
paint then I stamped them with an alphabet stamp & heat embossed them with some
Lindy's "Midnight Pewter" embossing powder. Really pleased with these.


Lots of mixed media on my background & also lots of stamping too.


Hey presto, all finished.

I hope I have inspired you in some small way.

If you like my layout I would love you to leave me a comment.
Let me know what you think of those cute puzzle pieces.
I always love to read your feedback.

Until next time.


10 comments:

  1. So much to like about this layout Di! Your colour combo, the paint/stamping work on the jig-saw pieces, gears, and feathers all look great - and then most importantly...the black & white, plus sepia photo of your gorgeous little grandson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Bev, so glad you like it. I must say I was happy how it turned out, with all the various elements etc, especially the pics of my little grandson. Thanks for visiting today. I truly appreciate it. xo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I love the jig saw pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow awesome boys page, live how you have altered those jig saw Chipboard pieces!! Fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit to my blog today and for your lovely comment my friend. xo

      Delete
  5. I love this page - and those jigsaw pieces look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Liane and thanks for visiting my blog today too. do glad you like this layout. 😄

      Delete