http://discreativespace.blogspot.com.au/http://discreativespace.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://discreativespace.blogspot.com.au/p/video-tutorials.htmlhttp://discreativespace.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html

Kits

http://discreativespace.blogspot.com/p/kits_7.html

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Guest Designing With
The Scrap of Darkness & Scraps of Elegance DT Girls
At Scrap Around the World
And the Berry71Bleu Challenge too


"Remember"
A Tribute to My Great Grandmother

Hello friends. Thanks for calling by.
Today some of the design team girls from both the
  are guest designers over at the Scrap Around the World blog.
How lucky am I, I am fortunate enough to be on both of these fabulous teams
so I get to play along twice this month with this amazing moodboard
which was created by Marilyn Rivera.

Scrap Around the World  August Moodboard

Now for my layout I have have gone with the whole sewing vibe
inspired by all those gorgeous little cotton reels in the top right picture.


 I have based my layout on the current sketch from
Berry71Bleu challenge blog.


Woo Hoo I just found out that this layout was'"FEATURED"
over at Berry 71 Bleu.


This photo is of an old "Singer" treadle sewing machine which is the exact
type that my dear old Great Grandmother taught me to sew on when I was just
 a small child of about 8 years old. I found this pic on the internet & I just had 
to use it. Definitely a trip down memory lane for me.
So I dedicate this layout to my sweet old Gran who taught me how to sew.


I have used various things from the Scraps of Darkness store, including the
 papers, flowers, rub ons & a metal kethole etc.

 I have incorporated this sweet tape measure ribbon which I have tied into a bow.
 A thimble from my own sewing kit that I actually cut in half & painted to match!!
As well as an old needle threader tucked in at the back of the flowers.


I have had these gorgeous little scissors that were given to me by a dear friend
& I have been waiting for just the perfect project to use them on. I figured this 
was definitely the right project. Some  little cotton reel labels & some sewing
along both the top & bottom of my layout in keeping with the whole sewing theme.


This fabulous chippie dressmakers manequin & mini word from my
favourite chipboard company, 2 Crafty Chipboard of course.
I do so looove that mannequin.

Another little tape measure that I stamped & cut out 
tucked in at the left of my photo.


Lots of little cottons & other sewing paraphernalia die cuts layered in here & there.

 
Along with lots of mixed media to create my background.
I hope I have inspired you in some small way to perhaps play along
with us this month too.
Until next time
 
Photobucket